• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello Darkness my old friend [emoji3]

Just saying hi, been out of the aquascaping game for some time and haven't been in the forum for God knows how long but now I have far too much time on my hands and some plans for a low tech cube I thought I'd pop back and get re-acquainted.

Good to see the forum going strong and plenty of new faces as well as all the stalwarts still here.

So hi, looking forward to making some new friends and learning some more.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Thanks all, time to have a catch up I think. It'll probably turn out that everything I managed to learn prior has been turned on its head :D Haven't had much going on aquarium wise. My last endeavour which started out low tech Ottoloen Project eventually turned into a co2 enriched affair with canister filters. Through a busy lifestyle it got out of control and neglect turned it into a mess, I guess I lost track of the goal which was low maintenance and paid the price! I was going to strip it down and not bother any more but I thought no, what I need is to enjoy it again not throw the baby out with the bath water :)

That tank is still currently running albeit beyond saving with the co2 off and back to sponge air driven although there are various "low tech" plants still hanging in there. I don't they appreciated the co2 withdrawal symptoms. Plan is to try and resuscitate some of the healthier portions I have left and plant out a 300 cube I have sitting about. I have the roots soaking as we speak so they'll sink and hopefully I'll have something going in the low tech section soon to look at :thumbup:

Back