• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello everyone

Ant_S

Seedling
Hi,
I'm in the early stages of my aquascaping adventure but I'm enjoying the challenge.
I started out in my younger years as I'm sure a lot of us did in the pre-internet days keeping a "community" tank. Which basically meant getting as many different pretty fish as possible and chucking some pondweed in (or oxygenating plants as they were called by the local friendly purveyor of all things aquatic).
As the years passed by and my knowledge grew I took on the challenge of saltwater. I kept a 250 UK gallon reef tank with a 100gallon remote sump (40 yards away).
However, once I was divorced and the house I'd bought was given to my ex-wife I moved into a one bedroomed flat so no longer had the room for anything approaching the reef system I had previously.
So, after a break of around 3 years I spotted a video on Youtube that featured a stunning aquascape. Intrigued, I investigated further and was amazed and delighted to find it was a valid hobby in which success could be enjoyed providing the effort, both physical and mental, was put in.
So, after months of watching videos (George Farmer and Jurijs Jutjajevs being my current favourites) and careful planning, I now have my first effort at aquascaping. I'm very happy with it. It's only a couple of weeks old but so far everything is as it should be.
So, I look forward to participating in some discussions and becoming a member of this fine community,
cheers,
Ant

Hello Ant and welcome. Perhaps you could post some pics or think about starting a journal. A journal is always a good idea, it allows us to share your journey and offer help if needed :)

Thank you for your kind words.
I have photographed and documented what I've done so far and will gladly share my experiences.
I shall try to post the pictures and let you know what I've done so far in the next day or two. I'm happy to say that progress has been made (the aquarium is still in its first month but, as the saying goes, so far, so good)

Back