• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from a London newb

kammaroon

Hi all,

I’m a newbie in London. I recently bought a 45L tank and sand substrate with the intention of keeping a few community fishes, starting with some pygmy corys. I started fishless cycling a week ago.

Researching into plants for the aquarium, I stumbled onto these forums. After reading many posts and seeing members’ amazing setups, I now want to do more than just a fish tank with a few plants. Obviously, nothing over the top, as this will be my first attempt. Hopefully, it will be an enjoyable experience. :)

Hi all,
Welcome. I'm a Pygmy Cory fan. It is worth getting a <"Banana or Micro-worm culture">, they really like small live food items.
try the easy plant range to start with
The <"Tropica easy range"> is a great place to start.
I started fishless cycling a week ago.
You can stop adding ammonia, you don't <"need to "cycle" a planted tank"> in the same way you would a non-planted one.

Have a look at <"Bedside Aquarium"> (with the traditional apologies to @Miss-Pepper).

cheers Darrel

Back