• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Essex

Paul W

Seedling
Hi everyone.
Having had fish tanks in the past but not with the best success really i am now getting into the hobby again. Last tank i had was about 8 years ago, just a starter kit type tank but could never produce the tank i wanted due to probably not having the right equipment for what i wanted and lack of proper funds and of experience. I finally got rid of the tank (100lt) due to struggling with algae, no time to spend on it and regularly coming home to find my young kids decorating it with the T.V remote and lego :) and trying to feed the fish peanut butter on toast.
Purchased a borb 30 about 3 years ago for a Betta fish but this recently died, and its just not a fish tank, so have now convinced the wife for another proper tank set up so i can get into the hobby properly (i now have more time and spare money).
I managed to purchase an oase highline 200 & biomaster thermo filter (250) with cabinet for what i thought was a decent price (£350) so now itching to get to work on it.
Have a number of questions to ask before i dive in, im looking on setting it up in a month or 2 as im in no rush and want to get the set up right plus the trade of with the wife is to gety the lounge decorated and new carpet so that needs doing first before i fill the tank with water. So plenty of time to do my home work.
Cheers, Paul

Thanks..
My first concerns are lighting and filter.
I am going with a planted tank with wood and rock. I would like to use use Tropica easy and medium type plants as i already have co2 equipment from past tank and Aquarium gardens is about an hour from me . My tank came with 1 led light (but it has the option to add another 2) but I cant find much info on them but each one gives off about 1600 lumans, would you think i would need the other 2 or would this be a bit much.
Also the Oase Biomaster thermal filetr that came with it is the standard one they provide (the 250) so i'm looking at upgrading to the 600 version and changing the media in it, do you think this would be sufficient for the tank?
Also should i be asking these questions in a different section? i will be going through the forum reading topics but these are my first concerns with the tank.

Back