• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Florida

Bon MotMot

Greetings from near Miami, FL!

I have had aquariums off and on for over 40 years, since I had tadpoles in a 38L when I was 8 (they then grew into assorted frogs and toads that escaped all over the living room). My most recent tank is a 110L that was heavily planted and contained livebearers/tetras. I had that setup for something like 15 years, then got out of the hobby for awhile. Now I'm back in, with the 110L a week into fishless cycling and awaiting a shipment of more plants. Like a lot of other 'old-timers' getting back into it, I am amazed and delighted at all the info online today, as well as the quality dealers to order from. I've been watching George Farmer's videos and I am drooling over some of the incredible aquascaping shops he has visited; wish we had something like that here. Miami people really like their saltwater, NTTAWWT.

I've always wanted a larger tank, and I scored on a 284L 122cm length just a couple days ago at almost half price from a big-box pet store. It is going to be a low-tech nature community tank but I want to use some aquascaping design elements in the layout. I'm in no hurry and am thinking of the DSM so I can establish moss and carpet plants and it gives me time to figure out what I want to do with filtration systems. Might journal this one and ask for feedback from y'all at the various stages; could be a lot of fun! :)

Here's a question I have already; can you use orchid driftwood in your tank? I would assume it needs to be rinsed (and maybe boiled?) first. That increases my options for finding hardscape by a lot!

Cheers,
Michelle

Hi Michelle
Welcome to the UKaps:thumbup:
Nice introduction...:)
Direct questions to the relevant forum section and you will probably receive quicker answers;)
Glad to have you onboard!

Back