• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Hereford. Nice to thread you.

Forgettemenot

Seedling
Complete tank-noob here. Never owned a tank in my life.

Became interested in planted tanks about a year ago, but over the past two months I've really turned up the interest-to-hobby dial (oh God, so much information to take in) and am now on the cusp of actually buying and starting my own tank.

Anyway, main reason for starting an account and posting is because tomorrow, I'm off to see The Green Machine shop. I've been frequenting their website quite a bit recently and only just realised they're less than an hour away from me.

Sadly enough, I'm rather excited. I'm expecting to feel like a kid in a sweet shop. Or alternatively, a fully grown adult in a planted tank shop.

Anyway, I'm heading back to work now, but just wanted to say; Hello UKAPS. Nice to thread you.

Welcome to the forum.
Green Machine is an awesome place for inspiration as is the UKAPS :) enjoy your visit tomorrow and hope you have a tank soon :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Welcome to the forum.
Green Machine is an awesome place for inspiration as is the UKAPS :) enjoy your visit tomorrow and hope you have a tank soon :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Cheers Ady.

The tank I have my eye on is a Aquanano 40, to be primarily a shrimp tank. I noticed you have exactly that tank for the same purpose, so I'm going to go read over your journal now :)

You've certainly approached the hobby in the best way possible; plenty of research, patience, and planning before tanking the plunge. I'm sure this will give you the best start possible with your planted tank.

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

You've certainly approached the hobby in the best way possible; plenty of research, patience, and planning before tanking the plunge. I'm sure this will give you the best start possible with your planted tank.

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Cheers Henry :) I know I'll make mistakes, but I want to go in with as much beforehand knowledge as possible, heh.

The Green Machine was wonderful and the people there were ridiculously helpful and nice. Got loads of advice. One of the main tanks they had literally ripped apart this morning, so I was a bit gutted to have missed it. Regardless though, I think I'll be heading back there in two weeks to see their work in progress. I may have missed a fantastic established tank, but to be honest, I'm more excited about seeing a new tank come to life.

Also, came away with Takashi Amanos complete works as well. So there's that <3

Hi,

Green Machine looks great on the website. Can't wait to go...
Bought a Nano Tank about 3 onths ago. Am enjoying it so much have just bought a 130 litre tank...

Back