• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Narto Sunarno

Seedling
Hi folks,

Nice to meet you all.

I had a marine tank long time ago before the internet and I remembered how difficult it was to start and after two years there was a catastrophe and all fishes died. Then I abandoned the hobby. I didn't know about New Tank Syndrome or Old Tank Syndrome back then. Even didn't familiar with the term. I didn't know that what I built at the back of the tank was some kind of a sump filter.

This time I'm back on fish tanking to help my 6 yo daughter build a proper fish tank ecosystem. She's so sad having her fishes die one by one in her 30 cm fish bowl. So I have to overcome my trauma of fish tanking once again. Hopefully this time not flying blinded anymore because of this UKAPS community. I might ask around about many things, please bear with me.

I'd go with the 64 liter freshwater planted tank with tropical fishes. Not actually an aquascape, only to have some "live decoration" in the tank. I don't have the tank ready at the moment but will be next week as the equipments are coming thru mail. I bought Eheim 250 and Fluval Plant Nano, and might do DIY CO2 generator. I have some gravel, Prodibio Aqua Growth soil and Prodibio BackterKit. I also bought Salifert NH3, Tetra NO2, Tetra NO3 and Azoo pH test kit. I don't have a heater atm, because the water temperature in Indonesia is around 27-29 C.

Do you folks have some suggestion for me? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Narto Sunarno

Welcome@Ukaps.
Might i suggest to go the "low tech"route first. Don't use CO2, use low light, use "easy"plants ( look at the Tropica website, plants from the "easy"section), plenty of waterchanges, EI ferts ( or any other fertilisation wit all macro's N, P, K and all micro's). We are not big fan's of test kits ( they are usually very unpredictable and can lead to many false assumptions). Just set the tank up with lots of plants and do many waterchanges, after 6-8 weeks if the plants are growing well start adding some inhabitants, best if not a lot at the same time.

Thats a good suggestion. Tyvm.
Welcome@Ukaps.
Might i suggest to go the "low tech"route first. Don't use CO2, use low light, use "easy"plants ( look at the Tropica website, plants from the "easy"section), plenty of waterchanges, EI ferts ( or any other fertilisation wit all macro's N, P, K and all micro's). We are not big fan's of test kits ( they are usually very unpredictable and can lead to many false assumptions). Just set the tank up with lots of plants and do many waterchanges, after 6-8 weeks if the plants are growing well start adding some inhabitants, best if not a lot at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back