• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Scotland!

Four50

Finally plucked up the courage to join and post in this superb forum. I have lurked for months now and have to say the inspiration and learning gleaned from all those who contribute is just first rate - your tanks are all STUNNING. With so much eye candy on these pages, I really have been bitten by the bug again and as I have some plants on order I thought i really should add my tuppence worth :)
My last foray, over a decade ago, was a jungle with discus (home made yeast CO2 etc) and due to life and house moves etc it was shut down. Of late, I have 'helped' my youngest with a tropical tank that Santa delivered a few years back and it is now turning from a plastic colour fest into something more natural with the anubias flowering like it's going out of fashion and Egeria, limnophilia and vallis thinking there is no tomorrow! We also have a tank with goldfish and I have recently acquired (again, via Santa!) two tanks and a ton of kit! - one of which I will start my first Journal with as soon as I can suss out how to post pictures from Flickr (and the all important emoticons!!)
I'm also going to apologise now for all the daft questions I'm about to ask, like how exactly do you trim Egeria without where you cut going black! :)
Anyhoo, enough ramblings for now and I look forward to catching up with you all soon, kindest regards, Bob

Quick update: just been reliably informed by the boss that a parcel has arrived so I will be planting when I get in from work!

It should be the following plants, all tropica 1-2-Grow bar the Anubias and Parvula ...

Anubias Barteri var. Nana 'Petite'
Eleocharis Sp. Mini
Eleocharis Parvula
Micranthemum Sp. 'Monte Carlo'
Vesicularia Dubyana 'Christmas'

I just need to find a pot of Tropica Eleocharis Sp. to complete the scape I have in mind :)

Welcome to ukaps, look forward to the journal :thumbup:

Back