• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from the Outer Hebrides

I MACDONALD

Seedling
Hello. I got back into fishkeeping about 2 years ago after a long break and too many house moves. I started with a little Interpet 48l fisbox which I'd kept because it was a pressie from my beloved and it's developed from there. I've done a lot of DIY stuff because we're limited as to what we can get here and I've had plenty disasters along the way. I've always had live plants in my tanks but only after setting up this time did I really get interested in them and what can be achieved with greenery. Due to a back injury I thought my gardening days were done but I've found aquatic plants to be an excellent substitute and just as challenging as gardening in the Isle of Lewis. I'm still learning and although my tanks are usually full of plants I haven't really done any aquascaping as such. I've tried a few times but I don't seem to get on with carpeting plants and despite numerous attempts I've not managed to grow them. I thought this might be the ideal place to get some more information as I'm about to order a new tank and wanted to do a bit of an aquascape on it. I'm still looking for inspiration and I've seen a few things that interest me so hopefully I'll be able to get all the help I need here.
All the best Ian

Hi Ian,

Nice to see a Hebridean on here! Whereabouts on Lewis are you?

Hello Tom. I'm in Stornoway but I'm from Bernera. We moved away for a few years but came back 4 years ago and settled down here now.

Hellooo. Welcome to the best site on the internet.
Hi Henry. As far as my internet forum memberships go, it wouldn't need to be very good to be better than what I've seen before ;) but I take your point.

Aha. Don't suppose you know Iain McHardy? Archaeologist, surfer and hugely likable man-child?

Isn't it a contradiction in terms to have Archaeologist, Surfer and likable in the same sentence? ...and to answer your question, no I don't know him. :)

Back