• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from the South West!

Swishrelic

Recently back into the hobby after years away and really enjoying it! Did 8 years in aquatic retail a long time ago too.

Juwel Rio 180, fully planted, minimal co2, Tropica soil, shrimps and nanofish!

2months in and we're at hair algae stage but the shrimp are breeding and nitrates at nil so might just need more amanos!

Love plants of all types so really an excuse to buy more, also have grand plans for a aquaterrarium one day!

Look forward to chatting!

Swish

Attached pics of the current tank. Can be viewed from both sides and also when doing the washing up! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210707_165025823.jpg
    IMG_20210707_165025823.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20210705_175308194.jpg
    IMG_20210705_175308194.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 114
Thanks for the welcome!

I may have some hair algae questions coming up but giving reduced lighting a go first and it seems to be working! Pretty sure it's just a case of me wanting to view the tank all day!

I'm using the limnophila sessiliflora as an indicator so as soon as the leaves start closing off go the lights! This is probably 4hrs less per day than the timer is set for. It's also in a reasonably bright spot so expecting this in some ways!

I'm still dosing ferts weekly but the lite version with no Nitrate hoping the fish will create enough, 10ppm out of the tap so some is going back in anyway.

Tropica soil is a bit of a revelation too, quite how it's turning Bristol water into the Amazon is quite brilliant!

Back