• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello im a new member trying to build up a 75 gallon tank

Hey everyone need ideas for my tank

Attachments

• 20200821_215012.jpg
    20200821_215012.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 181
Hi and welcome to UKaps :)

That is a very hard question to answer as we do not know what you like and as it is your tank, you need to have a tank that suits your taste, your time available, do you want a planted tank, and so on.

Personally for me, I would get rid of the neon blue gravel for a start.

How about if you check out the Journals or the photo sections on here to get some ideas?

I would start with the substrate as Melll suggests.
If it was my tank and I was starting again I would empty it out and start with a dirted tank capped with sand. There are a few examples on the forum and lots of guidance. Fill your tank (without plants) and run it without lights for a few weeks to cycle the filter and give yourself some thinking time, select hard scape and research.

Then choose your lights perhaps trying out cheap DIY Leds. I would then look for easy vigorous plants and plant heavily. Include floating plants (search for threads on the duckweek index and the aerial advantage).

Buy your plants from a reputable source and talk to them about the plants. Aquarium gardens are superb.

Once you have this running then start considering increasing filtration , co2, more advanced plants etc.

Holy Hood batman!

I'd be tempted to get rid of the hood and the HOB filter, if a hood really IS required, then something much slimmer as at the moment, the hood is very imposing on the view. And definitely remove the blue gravel :). This is where I would start :)

Welcome!

Back