• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello UKAPS....

Dr Gibbon

Seedling
Hi all :thumbup: ,
been lurking for a while soaking up knowledge. Thought I'd introduce myself and say hi. Recently set up a planted tank after the death of my axolotl. He was about 10 so had a pretty good innings. I'd been thinking of setting up a planted tank for a while and it seemed like as good an excuse as I'm likely to get.
I got a bit carried away buying plants I liked the look of without doing any "proper" research. Then I found this place lol. Another light fitting a better filter and things have settled in nicely. It's got a pretty nice jungle vibe going. Here's a pic from about 3 weeks in. I'll proably start a journal if anyones interested.
DSCF3986.jpg

Anyhow glad to be on board there really are some amazing tanks and incredible info here.
Thanks everyone :D

Thanks for the welcome everyone :thumbup:
Hey thingymajig, yeah there is a tiki statue thing lurking in the middle of the tank. I've had it for years and couldn't bring myself to set up a tank without it. He's got a Java fern crown that I'm hoping will fix itself to his head. He's also now got a mouthfull of java moss thats just started to grow out...
Anyway I've got a problem with some kind, or possibly a few kinds of algae so I'm going to start a journal, hopefully I'll get the advice I need to remedy the situation.
Take it easy everyone

Back