• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello!

One more thought... I'd do nitrate testing throughout too. I don't know your current water change regime but you will undoubtedly find more nitrate with more fish and so you may need to do larger water changes more frequently. That said if you are already on 50% weekly then you're in a good space anyways!! Fortunately 55litres is not too hard to do a big water change on! My nano tank and big tank both take a lot lot longer to sort out than my 64 litre!

Great, thanks for the advice here and above. I’m have been doing three water changes of around 50% per week. I might drop this to 3 at 39% or two at 50%, just because I have read that the shrimp don’t like instability in the water parameters. What do you have in your 64 litre out of interest?

Hi
The ammount of bacteria in filter will have very little to do with the low stocking in his tank.The plant mass will provide more than enough food for bacteria to develop in sufficient numbers given time (6-8 weeks if filter is new)
Then add your Embers and a week later add the Danios
Have a read here and the links
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/siporax-vs-matrix-vs-biohome-etc.52011/#post-511823
Regards Konsa

Thanks for this. Mine is nearly 4 weeks old, so I’ll leave it a couple of weeks more.

Depends what you go for... and a little on the nature of the individual fish. I wouldn't do them with cories for example as I've seen what the little blighters can do to fish fins... but mine are getting on ok with khuli loach, shrimp, and otos.

Back