• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello

Lance1968

I'm new here, kept planted tanks with CO2 etc about 20 years ago but then moved into reef keeping. I'm just about to break down my reef tank as I'm drawn back to planted tanks.
So I'm a little way off setting up again - but one thing that has been puzzling me, and I'm struggling to find an answer online is where do you source CO2 from? I live in Nottingham and I've had no luck on the interrnet, thinking of a 2kg bottle etc, refillable.
Also I'd be interested to hear what people recommend for lights, in the past I used both tubes and also mercury vapour bulbs, but neither are in fashion now, my new tank will be 18 inch deep (obviously water depth will be a lot less towards the back fo the tank, thinking of LED either Twinstar or Chihiros, would these be good choices? I'm thinkng my tank would be more of a natural look, not so much with carpets of plants.
Cheers,

Lance

Back