• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HELP: African Dwarf Frog vs Copper based treatments???

Simon D

Anyone know if ADFs count as inverts and would have an adverse reaction to copper based treatments? I think I've used anti ich treatment before with them present with no probs but can't remember.

Just about to try algovec (algae control).

Ahhh, well I've gone for it anyhow. Seeing as nobody advised otherwise (or, at all, actually). I won't bother posting any results as you're obvoiusly not interested. :(

Woh is me. :lol:

Yours

Billy no mates

Frogs aren't inverts so I can see no reason why they would be any more sensitive to copper than fish. Sorry for the late relpy, was working all weekend. HTH

Cheers Jo, I thought as much but just wanted some reassurance. Couldn't find answer from a google search.

Your post was only up for 130 minutes before you decided no-one was interested in helping you!!!

Good luck with this - if at all possible I would take the frogs out before using any treatments for fish, even if you just put them in a plastic storage box for a few weeks - amphibians are sensitive things, as evidenced by their general, still mostly unexplained, disappearance from most of the world!

As I said - good luck, I hope they're fine - and don't feel unloved just 'cos no-one who was online between 9 and 11 one Sunday evening was an expert on frogs' tolerance of copper!

Mark

Cheers Mark.

Yes, you're right I'm an impatient old sod. The ADF has tolerated it well anyway (48hrs now) and is just as amusing and active as always! :lol: I would be kicking myself in the head if he hadn't/wasn't.

I need to get him some mates, they're great characters and need company.

Thanks for the reply and I take on board your comments

Many thanks

Back