• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help an idiot, please!

Bufo Bill

I rescaped my  3 Gal nano with off the shelf soil substrate, and planted with Crypts, Java Fern and moss. I then dosed the bottled ferts 
TPN, Aquacarbon, and Aquanourish+, all at recommended doses. I saw my errors, but only after a green hair algae out break. 
Can anyone tell me how I should be dosing my tank? I do a 50% water change once a week and I have a TMC mini LED400 tile emmiting at 65% 7 hours per day.
Many thanks from Bill (forementioned idiot). 

Hi
New set-up ....Less light..regular small water changes..gravel clean...dose ferts.
This is more crucial in a smaller system....but it equates to all new started aquariums unless your willing to put the hours in..to keep it in check.
All systems are unique ...so observe closely and try to adapt your strategy to combat the problem.

Reduce your lighting to 4 hours a day and you will see improvements over the next 4/6 weeks...as long as you do the rest of the tasks...as well.
Cheers
hoggie

Thanks hoggie. Will that little lighting period be okay with fish? the room is quite dark with no lights on in winter.
Many thanks from Bill.:D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hi Bill

Hoggies advice is sound :D .
The fish are not bothered by the lack of light. It's people that worry about the light. My tanks go for many days without the lights on if I ever run out of CO2 :oops:
Even without lights on in your tank the fish probably have more light than they ever have in their natural environment. Think Amazon in flood as one example. Nice brown water with all the silt stirred up and plenty of overhanging trees. Your tank has more than likely got sparkling clear water and lights directly over the fishes head :D

Thanks for the responses guys.
All the best from Bill. :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back