• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help ! Assembling CO2 bubble counter

MMonis

I have a MuFan CO2 regulator fixed to a 2kg CO2 cylinder and had set the bubble count to 1.3 bps. Am using an inline diffuser on the output flow. Also have a check valve (steel) in place between the regulator and the inline diffuser. This has all been working fine since a few months.
Since a couple of days I noticed that water has travelled back and through the check valve all the way to the CO2 regulator and since then I have been observing that my bps reduces significantly even though I haven't changed the setting on the needle valve.
I tried increasing the bps again to 1.3 bps but after a day or two it again drops to roughly 0.2 bps.
Maybe the water entering the regulator may have caused this. I started disassembling the regulator and bubble counter to clean it.
There was a small spring and a black rubber stopper of some sort that just popped out while disassembling the bubble counter.
Now while trying to put the bubble counter together I have no idea where the spring and the black stopper needs to go 🤔
Here is a pic of the regulator and the bubble counter.
IMG_20220905_194856__01.jpg

Am not quite sure what fits where now 😬

The CO2 has been turned off since a day now and the check valve doesn't seem to stop the water to flow back to the regulator.
IMG_20220906_191447.jpg

Does the mean that there is something faulty with the check valve and if so can it be repaired/fixed ?

Might need to do a service on it bud, you can find them on YouTube, including setup and fault finding. Good Luck👍

Back