• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help choose which driftwood to get...

jarthel

Here you go - sometimes it's easier to see them all on the same page :)

driftwood1.jpg

driftwood3.jpg

driftwood4.jpg

What sort of aquascape are you wanting? Do you want the wood to be one end and have everything flow to the other, sort of like I was going for with this:

Day003_full.jpg

or something with wood in the middle, or something with wood either side?

what you have there is very nice! and I believe any of the 3 choices would suit such a layout. In fact, I believe that's the only layout possible with all 3 options.

Its really tricky to select wood without seeing it in the tank. If you already own the tank and the roots, then try them in there and post some pics - it'll give a far better sense of the scale of the wood and how it sits in the tank space.

If you havent bought the wood yet, and its at your local shop, then try it in one of their tanks :D If you're buying it online then buy them all, pick the one that suits your tank best and return the others - a good store will be fine with you doing that (but check first obviously) :D

Tony

Tonser said:
Its really tricky to select wood without seeing it in the tank. If you already own the tank and the roots, then try them in there and post some pics - it'll give a far better sense of the scale of the wood and how it sits in the tank space.

If you havent bought the wood yet, and its at your local shop, then try it in one of their tanks :D If you're buying it online then buy them all, pick the one that suits your tank best and return the others - a good store will be fine with you doing that (but check first obviously) :D

Tony

it's an online shop so checking it out is not going to happen. I somehow doubt you could just return items you have bought. even if it's a good shop unless you personally know the owner. :)

Hi Jarthel

I know its really tricky to buy hardscape on line, as its so hard to see the 3D shapes of the wood from a photo or two. The fact that it is probably the most important part of your tank design makes it even trickier !

If the shop wont take the items back (and IMO when it comes to hardscape they should :D ) perhaps they can send some pics of the pieces you are interested in from a few different angles (with a tape measure in the shot) so you can better gauge what you will be getting ?

From the 3 pics above no.3 would be my choice :D

Tony

another angle

driftwood1b.jpg

driftwood3b.jpg

driftwood4b.jpg

Back