• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help dosing

Personally I would leave out the mollies (because of their size) and just get some more platies to make a nice group.
Farlowellas grow long, but very thin and they're not very active, so they should be OK, but definitely keep on top of the water changes, - they don't like deteriorating water quality.

How big do mollies get? I never had them grow on me.
Yeah, I will get nice mixed colourful group of platies :happy:
I won’t be scared of getting fish from P@H anymore.. if the meds work.. I was too tired today to do it (PE today in school uff).

How big do mollies get? I never had them grow on me.
Sailfins, about 6in/15cm.
Short finned spp about 3in.
You might have bought poor, stunted stock of course, there seems to be a lot about.
The platies you get in shops usually seem quite good, maybe they don't suffer so badly from inbreeding. 2in/5cm is a good size for platies, usually a bit smaller.
If you think about the bulk of the fish, not just the length, you can see a 3inch fish is more than twice as big as a 2in one.
hth

Well I would miss out on sailfin mollies then ;-;

And if then short fin mollies get 3”, I had mine at the same poin. Had one baby molly grow to full 3”. Chunky.

Two or three of them should be fine in my tank, they have such nice personalities ;-;

Had my mickey mouse platy never grow, apparently a dwarf. Platies have more colour. If you think 2-3 mollies in my tank and 4-5 platies is OK, then OK I’ll get them ;-;

I’m a livebearer lover btw ;-;

Back