• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HELP- Eheim Pro 4+ broken flow adaptor

NinjaMonkey

Hi all, I have an issue and stuck with what to do.
I have an Eheim pro 4+ and the flow adaptor handle made an internal crack when I was trying to lower the flow.. now the handle has no resistance and I cannot release the hose adaptor...
It's a know problem as the cogs and handle are plastic and often break.
My issue is that because it broke whilst open, I can't remove it to replace it..
I've a high tech planted tank with co2 running through the filter...I've emailed eheim but my shop i bought from went bust..could cry right now.
Anyone know how I can remove this or if there is another way?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20220129_214116.jpg
    20220129_214116.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 458
  • Screenshot_20220129-213458_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-213458_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Screenshot_20220129-213452_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-213452_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 235
If you remove (snap off the cover), you should be able to rotate the plastic gears to the closed position
I had to do this to a 2080, that a child had “adjusted”
You will (should be) able to rotate the gears to turn flow on again (i was), then purchase a replacement at your convenience

Thank you, I've got the spare flow adaptor coming today so hopefully I can remove the old broken one. I have seen you can loosen the torx screws from the underside of the head unit and get to it from there? Did you just pull off the top instead?

I used a dremel to “remove” the plastic covering the gears, then used a screwdriver to rotate the centre gear (one with broken lever), i used it like this for a while 😂😂
It worked ok

Hope it goes ok for you
Basically the out cogs, are the water valves, from what i recall (one the 2080 at least) the centre gear, blocks operation of the red release lever

My god, what a nightmare this was. It took 2 hours last night and same again today. Physically cut and removed the majority out of the filter head then had to remove from the underside. I had destroyed the cogs by trying to move them with a screwdriver to start with. It's out and my replacement part has arrived. Thanks again for your advice.. think I'm going to look at biomasters for the future

Attachments

• 20220130_205935.jpg
    20220130_205935.jpg
    697.2 KB · Views: 214
Sorry it was such a pain, perhaps i was fortunate, i kept the old one, “just in case”
I don’t think Eheim’s build quality is quite what it used to be, i have 2 2117’s, and 2 2080’s, i am happy with them, they don’t leak, and are fairly quiet, not a fan of the echo (i think that’s what its called), a friend had one, he now has a classic

I'll be honest, I can believe they make the cogs and lever out of plastic and it has 100% put me off eheim... which is a shame. Thanks again for the help 😊

Sounds like the cogs were jammed, mine rotated fairly easily
I can understand how that could put you off

This happened to me a year ago with the same filter and it was a nightmare to solve. Had to take the whole thing apart and replace the part. And now it’s just happened again! It’s obvious that this part it not fit for purpose.

Eheim need to redesign this part as it’s obviously been happening for years - that the plastic cogs just snap off and leave you unable to do anything.

Back