• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[Help] Issue Transferring files from phone

Nick16

Hi all,

Slightly off topic

I am having alot of trouble transferring files (music) from my phone to my laptop.
My phone is a Samsung s7 and the laptop is a fairly new Toshiba with good performance.

Usually, i plug my phone into the USB slot, it will auto connect and transfer no issue.
I am currently able to transfer files from the laptop to the phone, no issue. But i am having difficulty going the other way.

I would like to transfer about a thousand songs, usually i am able to do this in one hit. However during the transferring it is jumbling up the names of the songs / artists / albums and also stopping the transfer at a totally random point. This might be 10 songs in, or 500 songs in.

EDIT - The jumbling seems to have stopped happening now, but its still stopping the transfer at random points.

I have tried doing it with small batches, to no avail, and also omitting the file thats transferring at the time when it stops. (in case that particular file is corrupted)
However on the next attempt, it will just stop at another random point.

It happens when i try to transfer to the laptop or to my external hard drive.
I have tried transferring to another laptop to no avail and also checking the hard drive doesn't require any 'repairs'

The laptop has loads of memory and so does the phone and hard drive.
The memory card is a Sandisk 64GB SDHC. A fast good quality card.

what are my options here?

- reformat the card losing everything?
- buy an SDHC - USB adaptor and try to transfer without a cable?
- Upload the files to an external source and then re-download onto the laptop? (i have no external cloud based storage platforms at present)

Regards,

Back