• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help me choose a moss!

Sacha

I want to buy a moss to attach to the mopani wood in my tank. It's the bare bit of wood in the left half of the picture.

1zdwwmq.jpg

I definitely want to buy a pot of Tropica 1- 2- Grow! I have narrowed my choice down to the following:

Weeping Moss
Christmas Moss
Flame Moss
Taxiphyllum Barbieri
Riccia Fluitans

I just don't know which of those would look the nicest on the wood!!

Attachments

• 1zdwwmq.jpg
    1zdwwmq.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 79
If you get the 1-2 grow moss, it does arrive a little pale. Stick with it though, it'll soon colour up.

Nice tank you have there, really healthy looking.

Thanks! Give it a few weeks and it will look a lot better :)

Mine spread along some wood and spread out rather too much for me so I took it all out, not that I didn't like it but more I wanted to reduce the maintenance on the tank.
What I took out has been happily growing slowly in a plastic takeaway tub on the kitchen window with just tap water.

Your more than welcome to enough to get you started, I would imagine half of what I have will do the trick, a little can go quite a long way.
PM me if your interested, it will be free :)

NattyAntlers kindly sent me some Xmas moss which I have now attached to the wood.

a6e2u5er.jpg

To be honest I'm very fed up because I spent about an hour messing around with fishing line, and despite my efforts, loads of the moss is just detaching itself as the fish peck at it.

Also it doesn't even look good- nothing like photos I've seen of Xmas moss. I'm sure I've done something wrong.

Does anyone have any advice, is it going to start looking any better- does it actually attach and grow?

Attachments

• a6e2u5er.jpg
    a6e2u5er.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Sacha...........nothing wrong there, patience is all you need. Just needs to do new growth, to get (even) better looking :thumbup:

Reactions: tim
Thanks guys, I guess patience is what I need :) will keep this updated.

Trim it close to the wood to encourage new shoots to attach to the wood, unless you prefer the look of long strands.

Back