• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help me hang my luminaire

hunter001

Seedling
Hi, i purchased one of the cheap luminaires from ebay that ive seen posted on here and as the ends wont clip onto my tank i want to find some way of hanging it. Im ok with making the brackets or whatever i'll be needing to hang it off but does anyone know where i could find a suitable hanging kit? (the steel wire bit etc) I preferably want to do this on the cheap if i can.

Thanks for your help

hi,
i can send you the wires in got with my luminare about a week ago, as im using the brackets that came with the luminare to hold my lighting.
they are silver wire like you are looking for with a hook at one end to go on the celing and a thread at the other designed to screw in to the bolts on top of my lights, but you could probably find the right size thread at B&Q then weld it on top of your lights.

glenn said:
hi,
i can send you the wires in got with my luminare about a week ago, as im using the brackets that came with the luminare to hold my lighting.
they are silver wire like you are looking for with a hook at one end to go on the celing and a thread at the other designed to screw in to the bolts on top of my lights, but you could probably find the right size thread at B&Q then weld it on top of your lights.

Sounds good,im sure i can bodge something together. Not sure if you can PM me on here but if you can PM me and we can sort out details of what you want for it etc.

Thanks for your help

yup you can PM. little green man with PM writen under him under people's picture next to their posts. to the right.
i will PM you.

glenn said:
yup you can PM. little green man with PM writen under him under people's picture next to their posts. to the right.
i will PM you.

Brilliant, im never sure if PM's work on forum as theres a few i go on that have the buttons but have PM's turned off :rolleyes:

hi again,
here are the pictures of the wire that came with my luminaire.
lights014.jpg

this is the end that screws in to the nut on top of my lights.
lights015.jpg

PM me if your still intrested.

Back