• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help - my Lupyled light system does not work anymore

Kirua

Seedling
Hi everyone,

I am asking for help...
I am using a Lupyled light system since years and the company closed. Now the app for the lighr is not working anymore and not available anymore in Mac or Android app stores...

The thing is this light cannot work without the app so I am blocked now. I have a tank currently without light... and a very expensive light which is not working!!!! ARRGGGG I am so annoyed.

Any idea how to make it works? Even without leds control I do not care I will use it 100% powerful if I am obliged... But how to do that ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best regards

Thank you so much both!
I am not at home currently (traveling for work). I will be back in 2 days and will try! I will keep you informed!
Please thank you to your Friens Luis too. Very helpful guys!

It works!!! thank you very much Nuno!
I am just concerned about future. Will it works for years ? With all updates etc...

I am just concerned about future. Will it works for years ? With all updates etc...
You should always be able to find the APK, there are plenty of archive sites i.e https://apkpure.com/lupyled/de.lupyled.theone/versions
But once you have the apk, as Nuno Gomes supplied, you should be fine as you will not be reliant on Google Play. However, if you replace your phone, or the Andriod version on your phone changes, you may find that the APK you have is no longer compatible. Be wary of this when upgrading your phone, keep hold of the old one if you know it works. If all else fails, you could run an Andriod emulator on a PC, install the APK and run it from there.
How to find a plan B ?
As dcurzon said, can you could probably use some sort of sniffer to grab the information that is sent from the phone to control the light, currently, then use something else to emulate those commands, raspberryPi/Arduino.

Or if you can open up the controller, you maybe able to turn it on, by modifying the circuit, and then use an external controller, you would have dimmable light, but not the modes that the app provides.

No problem. As for the future, even if it stops working with your phone (current or new). It should be very easy to find an older android phone for very cheap that can run it.

Back