• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help - My Osaka 320 - My Tank Needs you

34027725dd6.jpg

Hi Clarke,

What do you think 1 or 2? Personally I prefer 1 as turning the large dtone around in 2 does not show its best side

DSC_0503.jpg

or

DSC_0505.jpg

Thanks for all your help...

Cheers

John

It may just be the pictures but it looks too much like a formation to me. I mean its like 2 lines the rear and front and they all seem to be 'facing front'

Maybe try to position them so that they look like they are at different angles and less of 2 lines?

AC

Hi John

I think you need more height to compliment the tall nature of the tank.

So you need bigger rocks, or you could slope the substrate quite drastically.

Also consider your rock arranging. Have a look at other Iwagumi 'scapes to get an idea of how rocks should be positioned in relation to one another etc.

http://www.aquascapingworld.com/magazin ... Style.html

You could try grouping a few rocks together to make a bigger rock. But yes, I agree, you need bigger stones. Did you say you were adding more substrate, because I think this will help somewhat, but you still need more scale in there.

I prefer #1, although the smaller rocks look like they've been placed deliberately evenly across the tank. Try moving them around a little so the gaps are different sizes or grouping them like JAmesM says and I think maybe the big rock on the left could do with moving to the left a bit more. I like the one on the right though.

Hi Beeky,

Thanks for that. I have changed around a little again. This time I have raised the 2 Big rocks on the left up a lot higher.
The second picture shows the left to right view of the tank from the top downwards.

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

Which would you suggest moving and where ?

Cheers,

John

Thanks Sam,

I have seen this article and did find it usefull. The issue I am finding is trying to fit the rocks into the scape without crowding it while trying to give some structure given the shapes and textures that I have.

Cheers,

John

Hiya, your rocks are getting there but they are still very small for such a deep tank. I know what it's like when you've just payed for something and you want to get it used but i made the mistake of using rocks too small for the tank in my iwagumi Osaka and really regretted it. I rushed the whole scape TBH. My rocks were a similar size to yours and this is how they turned out once the plants had grown in, plus i had the substrate at 25cm at the back!
IMG_1509.jpg

After that i decided that there was no messing for my next scape so i hit TGM hard! I got this "Blue Stone" thats the same as whats in their massive iwagumi. It's about £2.50 per KG and well worth it! That big rock is 40kgs :wideyed:
OsakaFullShot.jpg

there is a million and 1 different ways to put those stones but they wont be right. but for me (and i'm no expert BTW) your missing the whole concept or thought process of iwagumi.

now you dont have to use the whole lenght of the tank floor and you dont have to cram in every ro]ck that you have. i think i mailed you saying use just one of the big rocks....i still stand by that.

not sure if you saw this but this....

3dc6630c.jpg

_MG_8482-01.jpg

7c1661c6.jpg

choose your main stone, place it 2/3 of the way in left or right and work from there.

Back