Help needed for Betta tank

jameson_uk

Do you think it would take your weight? I have my 30cm cube on a solid wood side table (which admittedly has reasonably strong legs) and I have sat on that before so it will take the weight !

Fishydib

Do you think it would take your weight? I have my 30cm cube on a solid wood side table (which admittedly has reasonably strong legs) and I have sat on that before so it will take the weight !
Easily and I’m no light weight it’s probably more solid than some tank stands. I had a 57L fluval flex and i bought the correct stand to put it on and that was just made of MDF i believe and didn’t look that strong but done the job. I thought if i put a tank either end so the weight was more over the legs then it would be fine.

I had a 64 litre on a very similar looking sideboard and it was juat fine. Me and my wife sat on top as the test so x2 the weight and it didnt budge. Just be careful of water dammage during water changes!

papa_c

two cubes on this solid oak sideboard
In my mind easily...I have 2 30cm cubes on an IKEA Kalax 2x2. Been there for over a year with no sign of sagging of shelf distortion.

Agree that you will need to be careful of water stains.

Fishydib

I’m going to add a couple of blocks front and back but it’s thick solid oak so I’m sure it will be fine especially if i put a tank either end.

I put a thick towel around the tank when i do water changes just incase there’s a spillage.

Just done my first water change of 50%, what about the sponge filters? I have a double sponge and plan on just squeezing one in tank water and alternating each sponge when i do it, how often should i squeeze these out?

I matched my water temperature almost exact when i swapped out and also thinned out the floating frogbit as it had increased quite a bit.

jameson_uk

Yes your right, Aquael pat mini, used it before combined with the twin sponge filter and it done a cracking job. I will make sure there’s plenty of plants and a spot where’s there’s not as much flow, I’ll be checking all this out before i rescue a betta
How is the betta getting on with this filter? Have you got it turned right down (I believe the flow control is just covering up the outlet rather than reducing the pump speed?

Fishydib

How is the betta getting on with this filter? Have you got it turned right down (I believe the flow control is just covering up the outlet rather than reducing the pump speed?
My betta gets on with it, i have it on the normal setting rather than having it turned right down. I’ve attached a mini spray bar to it so it’s agitating the surface. I have it attached to a double sponge filter and its perfect. Sometimes the betta plays in the flow and keeps going back for more so I’m sure he likes it.

ACC765FF-6541-4275-B047-88D9E3528CA9.jpeg

Fishydib

Everything is going well in the tank apart from some browning of some leaves on my java fern, any idea what it is? I’ve ordered some liquid fertiliser incase it’s lacking something.

3E63123A-36A5-4BE9-8D76-51E10A0D6788.jpeg

Fishydib

Well i managed to rub the brown deposits off when i done a water change today, I’ve also added some liquid fertiliser to see if this well help.

CarolHall

We all know that betta fish is very colorful and very popular among the fishkeepers, but to set up a betta fish tank you need to follow some guidelines. Below I describe some points which may help you to set your betta tank very easily.

1. Choosing your betta fish tank and their all equipment. Such as an aquarium heater, filter, getting gravel, plant and decoration item, proper lighting etc.
2. Now you can set your betta tank by preparing and placing the aquarium, install the filter, Before adding wash your gravel. Now you can add water to your aquarium and install your heater.
3. The most important thing when you buy betta from any pet shop make sure they are healthy and energetic so that they can adjust your fish tank easily.

To following these step if you face any kind of problem then you can visit https://fisharoma.com/betta-fish-tank-setup/ website where you can find your all answer which you looking forward.