• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help Neil to find or create a Nano Light.

NeilW

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to look into finding minimalist lighting for my 17 litre, low-tech nano. I want something along the lines of the ADA Solar Mini which has the aesthetic benefits of not being attached to the glass like a pendant but without the need to attach it to the ceiling. Bit of an off-the-wall idea but I was also thinking of it being made of wood (think traditional Japanese)

I found this from Habitat which looks exactly what I'm after but sadly appears to not exist anymore;
plamp1_1400473i.jpg

It looks like DIY may be the only option (although if anyone has seen something similar that would be great to know!). The main body of the lamp will be made of wood (as in the picture). Basically I was after some recommendations in terms of lamp holders, bulbs and wiring to form some form of 'kit' that I can put together. Is there any existing aquarium lighting that can be hacked to suit? I'm also open for recommendations for wether it should be T5, LED's etc. as long as it will work with the spec of a low-tech 17litre tank (no nuclear fallout wanted) :thumbup:. I know little about lighting, lumens, kelvin and such so any knowledge that I can steal would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for looking,
Neil

Back