• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help please. Aquamanta efx 400

Kezzab

Hi, i have a second hand aquamanta efx 400. It has been cavitating badly and there is barely any flow.
On investigation it appears there was no o ring seal between the pumphead and canister.
I purchased a replacement seal for the correct spec. I can find no instruction online but assume this just slides on the head unit.

When installed it is impossible to close the clips to secure the head unit in place.

Either im doing something wrong or the replacement o ring is the wrong spec. It is a
20200622_130419.jpg
20200622_130453.jpg
20200622_130410.jpg

Hi
I have had issues with my tetra ex filters, when reassembling it is always down to media baskets not being aligned correctly. Takes lots of patience but get there in the end 👍 and had bio balls blocking too flow
Cheers

Last edited:
Don't know this specific brand, but are you dure the seal ring is suppose to stick out several mm?

Looks right, when sun doesn't hit the screen. Could very well be the media basket, that needs proper alignment. Maybe to much media in them,?

These seals are tight on the aquamanta cannisters and my efx600 is no different except mine is an "o"ring and not square section, it does take a bit of effort but does pop into place and let the clamps do the work, that's what they are for and designed to pull it into place. (Do opposing corners)

Make sure you lube it with silicone lubricant before you try to force it. It will be nigh on impossible otherwise. And, I guess state the obvious do not use Vaseline as it eats the rubber over time...

If it is cavitating I would also check the seals in the taps as it does seem that that Aquamanta seals were made of a cheap deforming rubber of some sort that goes hard and retains its compressed shape, and almost certainly will have gone flat.

And on a final note, don't rely on getting an answers from Aquamanta, their after sales support is non-existent.

Right, full disclosure moron alert.
There was a seal in place and unsurprisingly it needs to be removed before a new one is put in place.

So ive done that and filter performance is still crap. Assuming it is the tap seals then i need these https://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/aquama...y9zYEIZ9Cbfm-YVcaIckiBT2aAp5mhdxoCmg0QAvD_BwE

But seriously, £12 for 4 tiny o rings??? Ill try elsewhere!

K
So, good to hear you have the first part of this sorted,

In the output from the filter is there any sign of bubbles in the water?

Yes, it's improved, but there are still bubbles coming through at regular intervals. I checked the flow rate and it's 420 lph, around 30% of the advertised 1400 lph. So even accounting for the filter performance usually being lower than advertised it's still not right.

I'll get some seals for the taps and see what happens.

K

Back