• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help please! Regulator advice

Wisey

Hi All,

Hope someone can advise, this is my first attempt at setting up a regulator on an FE. I watched the video on CO2 art about setting up my dual stage regulator, so the solenoid is attached, no needle valve attached at this time, but the solenoid is disconnected so the valve is shut.

I then attached the regulator to the FE, tightened it up, removed the pin and pressed down the lever. At this point, as expected, the needles on the two gauges went up. The one on the right went up to 6 on the outer scale and the gauge on the left went to around 0.2 on the outer scale. I kept the FE held down and turned the dial on the front to alter the working pressure. The needle on the left increased from about 0.2 to around 0.3.

I therefore decided to test reducing the pressure, turned it back the other way a little, but it didn't seem to go down. Not wanting to turn it too far, I decided that I would just released the lever and cut off the CO2 supply to the regulator. After releasing the lever, I expected the pressure to drop to some degree, but it did not. I got a bit worried that my FE had not cut off at this point, but then realised that now I have pressurised the regulator and the solenoid is shut, I guess it is going to stay at that pressure because the CO2 in the regulator has nowhere to go. Is this the case? Sorry if I am being totally thick, I just don't want to have an accident with this thing. Am I right in thinking that I can't reduce the working pressure at this stage?

I assume if I now add my needle valve and then open the solenoid that I can release what little CO2 is in the regulator and no more should be released as the FE lever is now up. Is that correct and the sensible thing to do rather than leave it pressurised seeing as I am not quite ready to set up the aquarium for a couple of weeks?

All advice appreciated!

Wisey.

just plug the solenoid in to release the pressure inside the regulator, if the needle valve isnt part of the regulator there is no need to connect it just to vent the gas. if it is part of the reg you will need to open the needle valve to vent the gas. you might need to increase the working pressure knob to vent the gas from the high pressure(contents) gauge before you remove the reg from the fe

Thanks, I'm going to leave the reg on the FE, just wanted to be sure how I could vent it rather than leave it pressurised when there is no need. Thanks again!

Hello,

Thank you all for help as always :)

Just to add you can visit our support site for more information about our equipment as well as manuals to our products:

http://support.co2art.co.uk/

Also just to confirm what was already said:

I guess it is going to stay at that pressure because the CO2 in the regulator has nowhere to go. Is this the case?

Yes that is correct.

I assume if I now add my needle valve and then open the solenoid that I can release what little CO2 is in the regulator and no more should be released as the FE lever is now up.

That is correct as well as long as the FE is fully closed.

Sorry if I am being totally thick, I just don't want to have an accident with this thing

Also is always better to ask. At the end it is high pressure system and no one looking to have holes in roof :)

Back