• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help please

hullfishman

Seedling
hi everyone im new here and new to aquatic plants.
my question is , i have a 18x12x12 inch tank with a built in 3 stage filter and a 10 watt light built into the hood, i would like to know what plants would be ok in here, i plan to get proper plant substrate and i have a yeast based co2 system.
i would be grateful for any help
kind regards
dave

Ferns, crypts, vallis, some stems. Take a look here: Tropica
Anything that says low light really. I'd personally ditch the yeast based CO2 as they tend to deliver varrying amounts of CO2 and it will likely trigger algae, especially BBA, which can be hard to get rid of once it's there.
Good luck and remember the pictures :)

thanks guys, i am trying to set this tank up on a very limited budget so i will let you know how i get on.
kind regards
dave

hullfishman said:
thanks guys, i am trying to set this tank up on a very limited budget so i will let you know how i get on.
kind regards
dave

Dave

Tropica plants are quite dear (costly) but they are of good quality, I buy mine from TGM @ Wrexham . If you have a Maidenhead Aquatic near to you have a look, their plants are cheaper £2.75 per pot, not as big as the tropica plants but given time will grow. I have some of these in my small tank 20 ltr and have no issues.

Attached is a link to their site and you should be able to find a store nearest to you.

http://www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/default.asp

Regards
Paul

thanks paul, i will take a look next in mh next chance i get to go. there are not many good lfs around here but i have never looked for plants in them so heres hoping.
thank you
dave

Back