• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HELP - sick discus

mjw1476

i have my 5 discus in 4ft bare bottomed tank with heater and bubble filter.

over the last few days they have turned black and arent looking at all healthy, the water is crystal, straight RO with a little 6.5 buffer. they have been fine for months eating healthily and laying eggs every other week.

i have found a product from JBL called FURANOL, has anyone had any experience with it or can point me in the direction to get hold of some ASAP!

thanks

Matt

Hi. Have you tested the water? Have they been wormed or have you noticed and stringy faeces? I've no idea where you can get the Furanol but it sounds good-let us know how you get on with it. For now, I would suggest regular water changes, keep the lighting dim, cut back on the food if they are not eating, and maybe some melafix if you have it.

Not sure about using melafix. Doesnt it kill the filter bacteria?
Test the water parameters so you can get a clearer picture as to what may be wrong.
Check their poo to see if its white and stringy.
Also, perhaps go onto PFK forum. The discus forum there has some very clued up discus owners and breeders.

lovely, thanks so much for your help. my mum just said one has died already, but going to try and save the other 4, aparrently this fluranol is very hard to get hold of but is amazing so guna try hard. ill try the discus forums, thanks though - fingers crossed

Matt

Back