• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help to choose the right filter for 96 liter tank

golino

hi my friends m so confused how to choose the right filter for my tank some ppl told me choose the external one and some shop owners told me the internal one my tank will be planted its 60*40*40 - 96 liter ... fish will be small and friendly kinds (like swords . platy . etc )

you definitely want as much out of the tank as possible. So for me it had to be an external canister filter with the heater built in. Definitely go bigger than you need. I wish Id gone bigger but couldn't really as my cabinet is very low. You will need bigger for better flow especially if you plan to feed co2 via the same canister.

so external filter better for my case not internal? and how about chines brands ? and how much liter per hour i need ?

Rule of thumb is 10X more flow rate than liters in your tank, so in your case that would be a filter with 1000 liter per hour turnover. Internal or external filter is up to you, but an internal filter needs space in your tank and will (almost) always be visible, personally I like canister filters better also because maintenance is easier IMO.

I'd get eheim, they are very quiet. The quality is very good. They can be a bit expensive. If it were me I'd get either a 250T or the 350T from the professional 3 range.

Hi Golino,

Im gonna start up myself on a 65L tank and im gonna use the Jbl E701 for it.
I think it has more filtermedia inside of it compared to the Eheim one, and i've read its a bit quieter aswell.

Jd

thx bro but we have no eheim accessory in here and if we found it it will cost so much thats why m searching for cheap good idea and i decide to build it in 11 level filter :)

Less is more, more or less.

Less media - More flow.
More media - Less flow.

Less media - Less surface area for beneficial bacteria.
More media - More surface area for beneficial bacteria.

Less fauna - less beneficial bacteria required to deal with harmful waste.
More fauna - more beneficial bacteria required to deal with harmful waste.

More reasons than less, more or less.

:crazy:

:)

Less is more, more or less.
Less media - More flow.
More media - Less flow.
Less media - Less surface area for beneficial bacteria.
More media - More surface area for beneficial bacteria.
Less fauna - less beneficial bacteria required to deal with harmful waste.
More fauna - more beneficial bacteria required to deal with harmful waste.
More reasons than less, more or less.
:crazy:
u mean by flow the water go more fast in the filter !
and wat the mean for fauna !
* my english not that good bro

Back