• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help, what cryptocoryne?

tmiravent

Hello,
I have 2 crypt's, one i believe is cryptocoryne wendtii brown, the other is similar but less waves on the leaves and also smaller.
_DSC3173.jpg

Older image.
1-DSCF8944.JPG

Actual image but with direct flash (sorry) , :angelic:.

1-_DSC3910.jpg

The 2 crypts side by side. C. wendtii brown on the left. On the right the other...

They look very similar...you can get different morphology in the same species according to varying environmental factors such as light intensity and CO2 saturation, and depending on what stage they are at in the emerged - immersed transition. In terms of height that can often depend on competition for light. That said C. beckettii can sometimes appear superficially similar.

Last edited:
I have becketti petchi pink. The emersed leaves are green with red stalks and non wavy. Once submersed it grows dark red/green wavy leaves in a star formation close to the substrate, at least while still young. I have an in vitro version of it which is a smaller variety and it also grows the leaves in a star formation, almost touching the substrate. That's why I bought the same crypt as they look nice and I am not a crypt fan otherwise.
Yours looks similar, almost identical but it's not growing the leaves like that so there's a chance it's not becketti petchi.

Back