• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with algae

D.Bezinski

Hi All,
I need your help again in the fight with the algae on the pictures.
The aquarium is 1 year and 2 months old. 200L (tap water)
Tap water parameters: PH 7.6-7.8; Nitrate 20ppm; Ammonia 0; Nitrite 0; KH 10; GH 16
Light - Soliku 48w Full Spectrum LED. On at 13:00 to 21:00 with 30 min Sunrise and Sunset. Currently running on 70%
CO2 - Yes, Pressurized CO2 - 4 bubbles p/s.
Diffuser - JBL inline diffuser - Amazon product ASIN B09CQFJFBNFertilizer - all my plants were covered with GSA and you guys advised me to switch to EI Method so i bought the EI started kit and started following the instruction. That helped but now my hardscape is looking like that and it's getting worse.
How i mix fertilizers:
Macros:
500lm water
17grams Potassium Nitrate
4.2grams Potassium Phosphate
25grams Magnesium Sulphate

Micro:
500ml water
4.2grams

Dosing:
Sun - Water change 40ml Macros
Mon - 40ml Micro
Tue - 40ml Marcos
Wed - 40ml Micro
Thu -40ml Macros
Fri - 40ml Micro
Sat -
After 2 months doing that the Nitrate levels went sky high so i stopped adding Potassium Nitrate. After a month doing this there is no change. Now when i test with API test kit the nitrate levels are still above 40ppm

When i treat locally with EasyCarbo, after 1 week there is no sign of the algae but then the start coming back.
Any help with be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2721.jpg
    IMG_2721.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_2720.jpg
    IMG_2720.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2722.jpg
    IMG_2722.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 122
You seems to have this algae around the same region, it could be a distribution issue of the Co2 around the bottom of this area.

You could move your DC in this area and see of the CO2 is adequate for a day or 2.
After 2 months doing that the Nitrate levels went sky high so i stopped adding Potassium Nitrate. After a month doing this there is no change. Now when i test with API test kit the nitrate levels are still above 40ppm
Do you have nitrate in the water you use for WC?

Not sure what to do about the algae. Other members should know. So I had a look at what it would look like if you removed the rocks and changed the plants around a bit.
better UKAPS tank.png

You seems to have this algae around the same region, it could be a distribution issue of the Co2 around the bottom of this area.

You could move your DC in this area and see of the CO2 is adequate for a day or 2.
Do you have nitrate in the water you use for WC?
Hi,
I don't think the distribution of the CO2 is the problem because i have pretty good flow with that wave maker. I used to have some flow issues but the wave maker fixed that.
About the Nitrate. Yes, i have around 20-30ppm nitrates in my tap water. Also, when i test with the API test kit it show 40+.

Hi Simon
I might rescape the whole aquarium soon so i will definitely consider your idea :D

Maybe increase water changes if using the EI method . At least 50or 60 %weekly and one through the week to bring down nitrates. I not sure stopping Potassium Nitrate helps

Back