• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help with anabias nana

p g smith

Seedling
morning all, im paul and new to the forum.
im having problems with my anabias nana, with the leaves turning yellow . ive recently bought a d-d co2 system which has been running for two weeks, and also bought trace elements mix from ae, which ive been doing for one week. can you tell me if ive bought the right stuff to treat this problem. :?

you have bought traces but are you using NPK too? Anubias can get like this in the beginning IME.

I remove the old leaves that do deteriate.

Andy

what traces have you bought?

NPK is Nitrogen, Phosphate and Potassium which is needed even more than trace.

This means when you bought the trace mix you shouldve also bought Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) and Potassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) and although you ahould have enough Poassium in these 2 I also buy Potassium Sulphate (K2SO4)

Buying traces are on their own won't do anything because if there is not enough NPK in the tank then the plants will not use the trace!

Andy

I have my anabias nana in a unlit, no fert or co2 tank that I use for q/t never had any problems, was it healthy when you bought it?

JOHNNY

yes, all healthy when bought new. my tank is 90% coverd with amazon frogbit so its not in full light. all other plants seem to be doing ok.

I've found anubias nana to really like trace and soon become deficient if higher than average dosing of trace is not adhered too, give it ago and see, I'd suggest you tear out some frogbit too, extra light won't hurt.

Back