• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with Dennerle Shrimp King gh/kh +

Vishnuvarthan

Greetings,

I have a Ada 60p to which I am doing 20L water change per week with RO water. Gh and kh is 0-1 when measured in API test kit. I recently bought shrimp king gh kh booster to remineralise the water . I have been adding the recommended dosage but my readings are not exact to what is expected.

For 20L I add 4ml (from the given spoon) to get my GH to around 6-7, but my GH stays around 9. Am i doing something wrong ? Or is it the expected values ?

Per the instructions on the Shrimp King GH/KH + - 6g (a level measuring spoon - presumably the one they include in the pack) in 40 litres of waste should produce a GH of between 6 and 8. So you should be adding 3g (half a measuring spoon) for your 20 litre water change to maintain a GH of between 6 and 8.

I'm not sure if you are using 4ml as you have written, or 4 grams (the two not necessarily being the same quantity).

Also your RO water shouldn't really register on an API test kit for GH or KH unless your source water is incredibly hard, or your RO system is underperforming, so that could be contributing to a higher than expected GH.

Also if you have any rocks in your tank that contain calcium carbonate, that can leach into the water column increasing the GH.

Hi @Wookii , thank you for your answer. The dosage is indeed 2ml or 1.5gms per 10L ( dennerle website). And the spoon provided measures 3ml. I am dosing 3gms ( 2ml twice from the provided spoon) .
Yes my RO water doesn’t measure on the test kit , the reason why I mentioned the GH as 0-1( turns colour on the first drop).
I am using lava rocks and drift wood which I assume is inert.

Back