• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with doseing my 280 ltr

chilled84

My tank is nowa 280ltr heavy planted. I want to dose with powders now as its gona cost way to much to keep doseing with tpn,
filtration, Exsternal fluval 205 and internal hydor 800lph pump for time being until i aford another exsternal plus it help with flow being internal.

co2 is via co2 optimat wich i reckon isnt doing much.
I use,
TPN and Easy carbo wich i cannot replace as cant aford presurised co2 at mo. And a co2 optimat from tera.
lights, 1x 40watt aqua glow bulb
1x 36watt tropical bulb
12 hour lights on cycle.

sat: waterchange and dose tpn and 10ml easy carb at night
mon; easy carbo at night 10ml
tues; easy carbo at night 10ml
wed; waterchange and dose tpn 25ml tpn and easycarbo 10ml
thurs; easy carbo at night 10ml
friday; easy carbo at night 10ml

what ferts would you suggest

And how much? And how do i carry out such mixing and doseing correctly?

Help will be so apreciated.

Re: Help with doseing my setup

Hi,

If you go to the tutorial section and look for EI dosing using dry salts then you have all the information that you require and can directly scale a dosing regime from the example tank listed in that tutorial.

Regards, Chris.

chilled84 said:
Fantastic, so what ones do i buy, and how do i dose them, just sprinkle the amount over my tank into the water. Can i dose without a source of presurisied Co2??

I know questions questions questions. sorry. It is apreciated.

You can sprinkle or mix with a bit of tank water first. It doesn't make much of a difference really.

It is best to dose pure co2 and it would be better with a tank of your size, although it's not essential.

If possible, I would dose the easycarbo in the morning as it would improve the supply as the liquid carbon degrades after a while.

chilled84 said:
O realy, I have seen good results doseing at night with the easu carbo. Plus its easyer for me and my lifestyle. Thanks superman for your respounce. Do you know with salts i have to buy? :D

I don't think you have to dose it in the morning, but my preference would be to do it in the morning to give the tank the best chance.

For the salts, it's best to buy the whole lot, but depends on your water stats if you want to reduce it down.
So the list is Trace, MgSO4, KH2PO4, KNO3 and K2SO4 (this isn't really required). Just get what's in the EI guide and start from there (note that K2SO4) isn't mentioned but the NutriCalc program does.

chilled84 said:
Fantastic, so what ones do i buy, and how do i dose them, just sprinkle the amount over my tank into the water. Can i dose without a source of presurisied Co2??

I know questions questions questions. sorry. It is apreciated.

ALL the answers to your questions are in the tutorial mentioned just read it properly. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Regards, Chris.

Back