• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with dosing regime

Fred Dulley

Hey.
I was looking for some help on what dosing regime I should be doing.

Tank - Juwel Rio 125 (125litres, 33USgallon)
Lighting - 4x18W
CO2 - 2kg fire extinguisher, Rhinox 2000 at 1 bubble per second
Substrate - ADA Aqua soil Malaya
Ferts - TPN+
Water changes - 30% weekly.

Regarding plants, I'm stocking up with plants as soon as they are availabe. Atm I've got blyxa japonica (thanks James), glosso (thanks Dan) and I've got some rotala sp. green on the way (thanks Simon). Aventually, pretty much all of the substrate will be covered with plants.

So, just wanting to know how much of the TPN+ i should dose, and how often?

Thanks.

Your tank is pretty similar to GFs in that it is the same tank with CO2, same diffusor etc so I would just go for the same of TPN+ which was 5ml daily.

Andy

I thought that too, but I've got ADA soil which holds alot of N and P therefore the water runs more lean. So then might not need to dose as much.

You can always start lower and then move upwards but remember nutrient doesn't cause algae so it doesn't matter (apart from cost) how much is overdosed (within reason)

As long as you aren't doing huge water changes (which I assume you're not going the TPN+ route) then you aren't going to be wasting the money because it will remain in the tank (mostly)

And by the way (sorry for all the brackets)

Andy

Oh ok. I understand.
Cheers for the help Andy, much appreciated. Will soon be putting up pics of the tank when all the plants are in ;)

Back