• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help with ei dosing

hi, i have used liquid ferts for many years, im happy and content. a mate recently gave me some dry salts from aquariumplantfood.co.uk to try out. iv never used it before and havnt a clue how to, but would like to just to see if its easier (i already know its cheaper) . 3 questions to pick brains,
1 is ei better for the plants, i use a few diffrent bottles at present
2 is there risks with algae or fish stock, i read ei is overdosing nutrients basically?
3 how much do i use, i have 4 bags, potassium phosphate kh2po4, magnesium sulphate mgso4, potassium nitrate kno3 and chelated trace
tank 30 gallon, pressurised co2 @ 30-40ppm, ph 6- 6.5, kh 3-5, gh 5-7

any help welcomed

hi, i have used liquid ferts for many years, im happy and content. a mate recently gave me some dry salts from aquariumplantfood.co.uk to try out. iv never used it before and havnt a clue how to, but would like to just to see if its easier (i already know its cheaper) . 3 questions to pick brains,
1 is ei better for the plants, i use a few diffrent bottles at present
2 is there risks with algae or fish stock, i read ei is overdosing nutrients basically?
3 how much do i use, i have 4 bags, potassium phosphate kh2po4, magnesium sulphate mgso4, potassium nitrate kno3 and chelated trace
tank 30 gallon, pressurised co2 @ 30-40ppm, ph 6- 6.5, kh 3-5, gh 5-7

any help welcomed
EI is neither better or worst than any other fertiliser regime. It has some advantages mainly being simpler to maintain and simplifies trying to find out whether you have enough off a certain nutrient. The main disadvantage is that it requires large, normally at least 50%, once a week.

The consensus in these forums is that nutrients don't cause algae. Imbalances and plants doing badly do and then algae have access to the nutrients like pants do. You deplete them pants lose access to nutrients and so do algae, but algae require a lot less nutrients and so does much better than your plants.

I would suggest you start by reading the ei articles on these website and use a nutrient calculator to figure out the amount you need to be adding

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back