• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with flow...

JamieH

So, i've relented on my 'i can get away with a small internal filter' thoughts... my water was perpetually full of bits... which i didn't like.

Anyway, The tank now has a tetratec 1200 and a 900lph hydor koralia nano pump....

What's the best arrangement of my outputs...? The koralia is great, but i have valis along the back of the tank now and it keeps getting wrapped around the pump if i put it in each of the rear corners... I've currently got the tetra inlet a one end and the oulet at the other end using one section of the spraybar with drilled out holes facing the glass. I did this to ensure that the water has to flow right across the length of the tank to the filter....

What to do with the nano though?!

Why point the spraybar at the glass? You want the flow from that to circulate around the tank.

You might have to move the koralia forward a bit to get it away from the vallis or, if you can bear the sight of it, having it in the front top of the tank could give you a great flow across and along the tank. Personally I think I'd keep it at the back and just move the vallis a bit from the corner.

Ed Seeley said:
Why point the spraybar at the glass? You want the flow from that to circulate around the tank.

You might have to move the koralia forward a bit to get it away from the vallis or, if you can bear the sight of it, having it in the front top of the tank could give you a great flow across and along the tank. Personally I think I'd keep it at the back and just move the vallis a bit from the corner.

because even with drilled holes some of the vallis was at 90' angles :rolleyes:

JamieH said:
Ed Seeley said:

because even with drilled holes some of the vallis was at 90' angles :rolleyes:

drill the holes bigger :) also, drill a hole or 2 facing downwards.. keeps the back clear and prevents deadspots

Back