• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help with moss

minjunivonne

Seedling
hello everyone im working in a startup that is focusing right now in "moss frames" but we dont have as much knowledge at the moment so im trying to ask you guys for the people who are experienced with moss or are doing moss works proffesionally.. what is the best adhesives to use when making moss frames?
we need to put one little mosss one by one so is there any adhesive that can make our work faster?
if gluegun is the best option does it matter what kind of glue we use?

if you are already doing proffesional work with mosss please tell me what you guys use and what you will recomend for us thank u so much

<3

I'm not a pro, but I've used fishing line instead of glue with pretty good results. Glue tends to dry white underwater so looks quite messy until the moss grows in with good coverage.

You can buy incredibly thin, transparent fishing line, with low breaking strengths (<1lb). This kind of line is really hard to see when in place in the tank, so great for tying miss down.

For smal delicate mosses like Fissidens or Riccardia I always use dry start. This I achieved with dry start/ yoghurt method

012.jpg

For moss species such as Taxiphyllum and Vesicularia it's imo better to use cotton/fishing line or glue based on cyanoacrylate.

Back