• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with new style UP inline atomizer

I've installed the atomizer, but at the moment am getting lots of (quite large) bubbles coming through the spray bar. Am hoping this will settle down.

It has been running for a few hours now. It is a marginal improvement on the previous atomizer. There aren't so many micro bubbles, but there are still quite a lot. And the micro bubbles that are visible are quite large- many of them just float to the surface straight away. Not near 100% dissolution, that's for sure. I will see if it gets better over the next few days. If it doesn't, I will take the thing apart and soak the ceramic in bleach for 24 hours.

Last edited:
Hi Sacha - I would send an email to CO2Art if you have any problems or queries. Their after sales service is brilliant which is a rarity these days. Response time is quick and nothing is too much trouble.

Micro bubbles are just as bad as old atomizer, if not worse. A little bit worse actually as the bubbles are bigger. The only reason I bought this atomizer was because I read a review that said that it provided 100% dissolution, the guy using it said there were no visible bubbles. Was he just lying or what?

Maybe you get bigger bubbles with higher injection rates, his tank might be much smaller. My bubbles are tiny at 1bps in my 60l tank, ph drop is 1.5 and I have to get pretty close to see the mist. 100% dissolution, its a diffuser not a reactor, unless its fitted on the inlet I seriously doubt you would manage 100%

Bubbles decrease in size with higher working pressures and lower flow levels

I tried different pressures after reading one of your posts and found it made no difference in my setup and stopped working at about 1bar
I've only used the 2014 version so don't know about any differences between it and the older versions

Back