• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with plant choices.

hardscape all done, lights ready, just need to decide on the plants, still being very new I haven’t got a clue where to start. Was thinking,
utricularia graminifolia along the sides front to back, then s repens closer to the wood, anubias nana petite between the rocks, some alternanthera cardinalis variegata (or similar) coming out from under the wood. And that’s where I draw blanks. The wood will have fissidens Fontanas of some sort on it and possibly Taiwan moss on the branches and no idea on the background. If those ideas won’t work then I’m open to others. The plan is to add co2 So do want plants that need a bit more attention

67987B62-E671-4D6E-8A60-44595CED81FB.jpeg

8B8B6829-ADFA-453C-A737-3084AF2AE4D6.jpeg

I'd be inclined to say go for it with your plant choice and don't over think it. Being new it's fun to learn what works and what doesn't for you, as it helps build your own style.
You have a nice mix of plants and the only one that I think you could struggle with is the utricularia as it's a very difficult species. There has been plenty of discussion about it here that might help Something... Something... Shallow Tank
The good thing about planted tanks though is they don't need to be permanent and if something fails or doesn't work out as planned we can easily swap it.

I’ve been thinking about it throughout the day and I have a 30l tank that I’m possibly going to do an iwagumi style scape so I can use a carpeting plant in that plus I can attempt a dry start in that tank. So it means I can make a list and order the plants and hopefully get them by next weekend so I can plant, fill and cycle my tank.

Back