• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with plant placement in future tank scape

Monkfish

OK, so I know this is another thread I am starting about my tank upgrade, but I wanted to make sure I post them all in the right forums.

When I do my new tank I want to make sure I have all the plants in the right places so I don't have to re-scape in the future when I find out they were all wrong.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help my out and advise me where correct placement of the following would be in a 120l tank (80Lx35Dx45H cm):

Microsorum ptetropus narrow
Crypt. X willisii
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
Rotala rodfolia
Anubias Nana
Pelia moss
Flame moss
Blyxa japonica
Limnophila hippuridoides
Bucephilandra
Alternanthera reineckii mini

Some at present are attached with superglue to the wood I have in my 48l so would attempt to take them off it. I am also unsure whether to try and incorporate the wood I have already with the new bit I found and want to put in.

I have uploaded a picture of my 48l with the plants and wood in (the smaller tank is full of CPD fry, more seem to appear in the main tank every day. I must have at least 25 in there now) and also a pic of the new piece of wood. I found it when out for a walk. It is completely dry and doesn't have any give when doing the thumb test. I will attempt to soak it somewhere before it does go in any tank though. I will also put some of the river stones i have in the new scape so can use those for plant attachment too.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_3652.jpg
    IMG_3652.jpg
    949.3 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_3694.jpg
    IMG_3694.jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 184
Can see this has gone unanswered... is the below what you were after?

Microsorum ptetropus narrow - attached to wood (taller than most plants of this type so further back than the other)
Crypt. X willisii - mid ground planted
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis- foreground carpetting
Rotala rodfolia - background stem
Anubias Nana - attached to wood
Pelia moss - on branches of wood? Will grow anywhere
Flame moss - as above
Blyxa japonica- mid ground planted
Limnophila hippuridoides- background stem
Bucephilandra- attached to wood
Alternanthera reineckii mini - mid ground planted

Back