• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with Tropica 1-2-Grow amounts

PorridgeO

I’m taking my first step into aquascaping and high-tech planted aquariums. This may sound a silly question but I wondered if I could ask about 1-2-grow plants and how many you tend to need.

My tank is 81cm wide and 38cm deep. I am largely trying to copy a Brazilian style I have seen and the layout will be similar to this, which is a roughly similar size tank (a little bigger):

0BFA269D-2ED1-40AF-82A4-65F1726BBDA2.png

FF846F68-C704-4AA0-A672-C99E861FBDF9.png

One difference is that I won’t be using the HC/Eleocharis and instead will just stick with the Monte Carlo and LB. So for where the HC/Eleocharis is indicated, that will be more MC/LB.

Could anyone give me an idea of how many of each 1-2-grow pots I will need of each species. I’ve read that one portion of a plant can cover a 5cm x 5cm space. Is that right? If so, the Tropica descriptions suggests each plant has 6-8 potions, is that right? I might have my own answer if so.

Sorry for the silly question. Just want to get my first order as right as I can, rather than massively under or worse, over!

Really appreciate any help offered.

I never buy more than one portion per plant…. Split it up as much as possible, and plant. If you plant clumps they melt and also they float up more.

Thanks for the reply. So even for the MC and LB which is in a few different places, you would only buy one tub? Is 11-12 tubs really going to be enough for that scape?
Yes, the pots come with a lot of plants. I would also reconsider the blyxa in the foreground, it will grow quite large!

Yes, the pots come with a lot of plants. I would also reconsider the blyxa in the foreground, it will grow quite large!
Thank you, that’s really kind. The above is from the scaper himself (from Aqua Green) but I did wonder about the blyxa. I may move it slightly so that is amongst the Rotala, or keep it firmly at the side of the tank at the ‘front’ of the background

Back