• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hemianthus Callitrichoides "Cuba"

johnny70

Is there anyway to grow this stuff over a cave or a rock?? I have a huge carpet that would look cool as a cover or a cave, more of a natural hiding place for the fish, any suggestions? How sucessful is this plant if just left as a floating carpet? one of my fighters love hiding under it?

Cheers
JOHNNY

Ive seen HC available on mats (like moss) as well as on coconut shells. I posted the question about it not having its roots in substrate on another forum and the guys there seemed to think it would be ok with good liquid ferts. Interesting to here how you get on with it.

i have the larger verison micrathenoides growing attached to wood with thread, and whenever i trim the carpeting portion of the substrate growing bits i leave it floating afterwards till it develops aerial roots...

my variant seems to grow anywhere , i would think the HC is not too dissimilar

looks like I'll just leave it growing and see how it goes, I got a huge portion form someone here, I have just floated it in the tank, as not had the time to plant yet, seems to be doing ok, daily dry ferts and easycarbo, not seen too much die off, infact I would say its doing better thanthe stuff i got from tropica at the same time which I have in the substrate, is it normal for it to go through a period of not doing great when first planted??

cheers for the replies

JOHNNY

Back