• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hemianthus micranthemoides

i'd plant in bunches of 3 or 4 stems.

trimming when it gets to the top of the tank is a guideline. what happens if your tank is 80cm?......it's a small stem so treat it as such, imagine it in a 30cm tank, even if your tank is taller.

saintly said:
i'd plant in bunches of 3 or 4 stems.

trimming when it gets to the top of the tank is a guideline. what happens if your tank is 80cm?......it's a small stem so treat it as such, imagine it in a 30cm tank, even if your tank is taller.

it started to get a bit straggley in my tank, and that was 30cm (actually less considering water line & substrate depth)

aaronnorth said:
it started to get a bit straggley in my tank, and that was 30cm (actually less considering water line & substrate depth)

and for this reason, placing stems strategicly behind hardscape and such is crucial when deciding on a trimming height.

saintly said:
aaronnorth said:

and for this reason, placing stems strategicly behind hardscape and such is crucial when deciding on a trimming height.

and depth of the stems, i only left about 3" and it caused me loads of problems :twisted: you live & learn... :lol:

I used to plant in 5 stems, and would also remove the whole stem and cut to the desired length, and then replant when they got too long.

DSC00094.jpg

TDI-line said:
remove the whole stem and cut to the desired length, and then replant when they got too long.

that works i guess but to get a bush, i'd trim and leave the bottom bit in. a lot less hassle to :D

Back