• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hepo & lominare lights

Blade7

Seedling
Has anyone used these lights - I’m looking for a budget but still decent light for a new planted aquarium (l x w x h) approx 75 x 65 x 55 cm.

Im not quite ready to spend the amount required for 2 x kessils but I’ve found some cheaper units online.

As I need decent penetration for a lush carpet growth most LED bars wouldn’t do,

Obviusly as they are cheaper lights they do not have dimmer controls or spectrum functions but I can manage that via distance from the water surface and using timers and photo period.

The lominie has some good reviews but the hepo hanging light seems new with little reviews.

My plan is to run two of these lights plus a Fluval 3.0 so i can ramp up and down as well as balance out and colour aesthetics

Any advise or comments - thanks
3FF56DEB-338E-4F64-898A-117153F09714.jpeg
3D7B7FD1-24E9-42A8-A0AE-B34E4999894F.jpeg

Someone on this forum had a lominie light, but replaced it with something else later on: A New Start - continued progress
I've seen other people using them who had decent looking tanks, on facebook groups mostly, but on there its hard to follow progress. To me it seems a decent lower-end light, I'm still considering one or 2 for nighttime viewing on my new tank, after the main lights have gone off. Dont know how well they would perform in high tech tanks as main lights... but for that sort of money you could always try I suppose :)

Back