• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Herb fertilizer

Daddynerfy

Seedling
21324AA6-D963-4CEF-A54E-FCDE08B1B675.jpeg
Just wondering if this was suitable for use in my planted aquarium as there is no ammonia or urea based nitrogen in it . Any thoughts ?

Doesn't explicitly state the nitrogen source, so highly unlikely to be fish safe. Majority of terrestrial plant fertiliser is not fish safe as contains ammonia based compounds as they are cheap compared to fish safe fertilisers.

It says nitric nitrogen . Usually terrestrial fertilizer state that they are ammonia based or urea based this is why I thought it would be ok. What exactly is nitric nitrogen?

Ok so I checked and it turns out it is nitric acid which is in fact a natural by product of nitrate

Also other products of the same brand which were specifically for orchids and so on instead of herbs had listed that it was urea based nitrogen and ammonia based nitrogen. Where as this herb fertilizer just says nitric nitrogen

Doubt it is nitric acid, as this is a really strong acid and a controlled substance in UK. Probably a nitrate,a salt of nitric acid.

Update. Using this has perked all plants up and destroyed Cyanobacteria that was forming a carpet on my substrate. Effective and cheap lovely jubbly

Back