• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

here goes nuttin folks....

Ok, so I've tried taking a walk around vid of my tank

Let me know what you think!

grrr just looking at my tank today and I have these dam snails eggs everywhere!

35302586093_10961fdcee_b.jpg
Dam snails eggs by leetaylor, on Flickr

Hi all,

I went on holiday (took my lad camping for the first time in Sussex) and came home to find a VERY noisy filter, lots of green dust algae BUT one of the Anubis has started to flower!

36202213822_7b6651031a_b.jpg
Anubis starting to flower by leetaylor, on Flickr

One clean out of the impeller and the filter is fine now and I have bought some Siamese Algea Eaters to help with the algea

So today was pruning day.....I thought today was a good day to do it as there was another load of snails eggs on the swords at the front and a prune would mean getting rid of them

so the before shot....
36219525722_22e682b458_b.jpg
Before pruning by leetaylor, on Flickr

And the after shot

35551790544_9064fccccc_b.jpg
After pruning by leetaylor, on Flickr

I know from experience the swords at the front will bounce back in no time and the stumps will melt away too

Well Andy I have trimmed them back now he has gone to bed

36253382391_49cdf3a8c9_b.jpg
Shorter stumps by leetaylor, on Flickr

Also I ran out of potassium Nitrate today when mixing my ferts....I cant believe people buy pre mixed...it cost me £7 inc postage for enough to last me a couple of years and you would be paying £15 for something which would only last a few weeks!

Thanks Andy....its years of being a member on here and picking up tips!!!

Although if anyone has any tips on getting rid of java moss if very much like them!

Thanks Andy....its years of being a member on here and picking up tips!!!

Although if anyone has any tips on getting rid of java moss if very much like them!
Oh the joys of a 4 year old....so I noticed my plants were going mad pearling....and my fish were very lack luster yesterday..today the fish were gasping for Air and the plants had bubble dirorea! So out came the chemicals and tested for everything amonia fine....nitrite fine nitrate fine....pH however was well off...my ph monitor that controls the tank was showing 8 and the test showed under 6! So I got the buffer solution out and yes my monitor was well off? So I corrected it...my lad saw me doing this and said "that's what I did to help you daddy" aaaahhhhh!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Update time....

So my Anubius is flowering a lot!
36614126755_1c16711912_b.jpg
Anubis flowers by leetaylor, on Flickr

I have got some of my fave fish...kuli loach...I have always loved them.,,,they are fun, here are two of them playing in the Anubius stems

36445233192_990b821629_b.jpg
Two kuli loach playing in the Anubis by leetaylor, on Flickr

And my shrimp are all either berried or about to again...I think im going to be a Dad many times over again lol

35804823853_f19757dba6_b.jpg
Berried shrimp by leetaylor, on Flickr

Afternoon.....

I took a pic of the Kuli loaches swimming in the blue moon light

36794552365_b27ee8d508_o.jpg
Kuli loaches swimming at night by leetaylor, on Flickr

And had a pic shared to me which I think should be in every Local Fish Shop!!!

36794560725_996e0762b1_o.jpg
What every fish shop should have by leetaylor, on Flickr

What a turn up for the books.....I managed to link my wifi switches to google assistant on my phone and now I have a voice controlled fishtank!!!!!!

:clap::thumbup: voice controlled tank ; that's cool
Could you tell me please if the kuhli are jumpers or not ?

It's great...I'm going to take a video and post it lol....anyway...they are all still in there so not jumpers...they are just getting settled in so just starting to swim about a lot

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back